Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Crafty



So actually, this was my very first "quilted" creation. I used Evan's Cub Scout shirt to make the quilted blue area on this pillow and sewed his patches onto that. He is no longer interested in being in Scouts so this was the best way I could come up with to commemorate his time as a Scout.








And this is my first real quilt. I'm calling it Broken Blues. All of the folks in the books name their quilts so I decided I should too. Obviously my measuring leaves a bit to be desired in some areas but overall, not bad for my very first creation of this sort. Next step, layer the backing, batting and quilt top, baste together, and quilt! I haven't decided how to do the quilting yet either though so it could be a while. Oh well, I'm very impressed that I've come this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment