Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Book Review - Unlikely Angel

I just finished reading this book by Ashley Smith (with Stacy Mattingly). It's Ashley's account of her time held hostage by Brian Nichols in March 2005.

I picked up this book because Ashley is speaking at our church services this coming weekend and I thought it would be interesting to know more about her story ahead of time.

The book follows the timeline of the ordeal, interspersed with some of Ashley's own personal story. It's interesting how the two stories are worked together to create one cohesive narrative.

Ashley's story is definitely one of second (and third and fourth) chances. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing what she has to say at church this weekend.

Honestly, I would love to read Brian Nichols story, too. Maybe some day he'll write a book, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment