Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Blueberry Gump

I feel like Forest Gump.



Blueberry pancakes. Blueberry crisp. Blueberries with ice cream. Blueberry jam. Blueberry sauce.

Today was opening day at the Blueberry Ranch and we came home with 24 pounds of yummy, delicious superfood. Sarah and I picked 14 of those pounds ourselves, the other ten we let the nice people at the Ranch do for us.


We went ahead and froze the first ten pounds. The other 14 pounds have been sitting on the counter for nibbling throughout the day. We even made the first blueberry crisp. I love the berries but I'm thinking about doubling the crisp next time. We like that part, too.



Sarah Bear was a trooper out in the hot sun picking today. When she was finished she found a nice spot in the shade to sit and eat her blueberries.


I can't wait to go again.


If you go to the Blueberry Ranch to pick your own berries, remember to wear your sunscreen. Also, remember to apply your sunscreen and bug spray in the parking lot because there are no aerosol cans allowed in the fields. We must maintain that organic status!

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go get some blueberries to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment