Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Make your own grass greener

The title of this post is funny to me because it is quite impossible to see grass outside my windows right now. We finally got snow in northern Indiana and we got it good.



What I'm really talking about is how it's so easy to think that the "grass is greener" on the other side of the hill, over the fence, inside your neighbor's house. Whatever. You get the point. We all think that somebody else has it better than we do. But we are comparing what we see, generally somebody else's best, to our worst.

It's not a reasonable comparison, it's not fair, and it doesn't make sense.

I'm not doing it any more.

So, in my effort to make our own grass greener, it occurred to me that we already own a plethora of entertainment. Literally. In the entertainment cabinet. The space given to music CD's is absolutely full. The DVD space has two almost full shelves.

Sarah and I started out by sorting them all alphabetically. Cause that's how I roll, yo. Honestly? I couldn't think of a better way to sort them than that. Anything else would have been more difficult anyway. And Sarah could help by identifying the first letter for me. Easy peasy.

The plan is to start at the beginning and work through to the end over the course of the year. I figure if we get to one and we're not willing to listen or watch that must mean that one can head out to the Goodwill.

Today's choices?

Music: 10,000 Maniacs Our Time in Eden (You should've seen Sarah dancing to this one. Good stuff. Evan - "Is she speaking English?")

Movie: Air Buddies (ugh - I wish this one could go to Goodwill but I have a strong feeling I'll be outvoted by Sarah)

I'll let you know how it goes. Have you watched all the movies in your cabinet lately? How about listening to those CD's you already own?

No comments:

Post a Comment