Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 3 - Creativity in the Garden

Today we spent time outside working in our gardens. Really, what's more creative than that?


Here's my gardener. Isn't he hunky? 

Also, I sent him to Lowe's for mulch and he came back with the mulch AND this Wine & Rose Wiegela. How awesome is that?

  

This is the same garden from two different views. The front of this one was very full and making me really happy. The back was looking a little empty so we added two different ornamental grasses (moved from the backyard) and some of "Grandma" Betty's daisies (also from the backyard).


Here's the back garden. I honestly can't remember how many years it's been since we started it but it has plants from at least three friends yards and that's just awesome. It makes me think of them every time I look at it. 


This is just a little area we've carved out in a corner. Again, I don't really remember putting those daisies there with the ornamental grass. We call them "junkyard" daisies because they can and do pretty much spread themselves and thrive anywhere.


This is along a fence in our back yard. My favorite is the lilacs that are already way past flowering for this year. But I also really love the Rose of Sharon that also can from a friend.

This area has become the herb garden. They all do very well here. We have chives, tarragon, basil, lemon balm, lavender. Cilantro is elsewhere in the yard. 


Finally, here's a quick look at the front walk. We moved these two hosta plants from the back yard to the front. Precious few plants have thrived in this area because of the amount of roots in the soil and the fact that this is a highly shaded area (our house faces north). Here's hoping the hostas do well. 







No comments:

Post a Comment