Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Quilt - Stripes for Charlotte


I decided to start the post with the cutest picture because everybody loves babies, right? 

Jon's brother Jeremy and his wife Cassandra has this beautiful baby girl, Charlotte, in July and we got to visit her this past weekend. She's a little peanut baby and I rocked her right to sleep. I've still got that mama rock down.


Now, back to the beginning. I was so excited because this gave me an opportunity to use these pretty fabrics that I have been eyeing for quite some time. 

I have a couple in there from BFF by Elizabeth's Studio and the majority are from Down Under by Shelley Comiskey for Henry Glass. It's a real occupational hazard that I see every new fabric that comes in to the building at my job. There are so many I want to use for making quilts.




I chose a simple pattern because I wanted to get this one done as quickly as I could and wanted to be able to quilt it myself as well. We had planned our trip so there wouldn't be time to send it out to be quilted by anyone else. I'm really looking forward to the day when I'll have a quilt that I will deem worthy of being quilted by a "real" quilter, rather than a novice such as myself.


Here's the finished product, such as it is. It's far from perfect but I think it's awfully sweet for a pretty baby girl. 


I put this label on the back so she'll know her favorite auntie made it for her when she gets bigger. I also told Jon that I'll make her a much more complicated one when she goes to college. Here's hoping my skills are vastly improved by then. 

This quilt was inspired by this one from Cluck Cluck Sew

Oh yeah, if you want to see where I collect quilty inspiration, here's my Pinterest Board for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment