Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Shipshewana Quilt Festival 2013


I have created a quilt/photography monster.


Wendy and Sarah admiring the Best of Show winner up close. Congrats to Sherry Reynolds of Laramie, WY on her amazing work. Obviously, amateur photography (with no flash allowed) will never show the quilts at their best.




I'm a sucker for hexagons and for floral appliqué, put them both on one quilt to pretty much guarantee I'll share a picture of your project.


"Mom! Take my picture with the horse quilt!"


The Festival Committee needs to create a new category and give this piece an award. I've heard the word "stunning" used in reference to many quilts. THIS is the quilt that deserves that word. Simply unbelievable.


While it's impossible to see from afar and without flash, many, many Swarovski crystals were used in the making of this quilt. Clearly, someone on the committee at Shipshewana has a thing for sparkle because there were several quilts with lots and lots of shine going on. While it's beautiful, it seemed to be rather over represented, in my opinion.







I need to decide what to start working on now for next year's show.

1 comment: