Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Heaven on Earth

Many moons ago, Jon and I attended a Valentine's Day dinner at our church.  The organizers of the event asked the men to write something for their wives which they would have the opportunity to read throughout the course of the evening.  I may be biased but I think Jon's was the best that night.  For my Valentine, I want to share with everyone how wonderful you are.  Below is what Jon wrote for me.

Heaven on Earth

To my wife, Jennifer
On Earth, there is nothing I hold higher than you.
Until I met you, I had heard about love.
When I married you, I had found true love.
Now, I have life transforming love.
God used you in powerful ways to change my heart.
When I accepted Christ,
And I placed God at the center of our marriage,
A new Heaven on Earth appeared to me.
That Heaven is our love for one another,
Pure, in the image of Christ’s love for us.
Every day, I see us getting closer to being of:
One mind,
One heart,
One soul.
Without your love, I am incomplete.
Our love is a journey, not a destination;
It will continue to grow, to change,
And to move in new directions.
Our hearts will always show us the way,
If we will only listen together.
Thank you for traveling with me to
Heaven on Earth,
And beyond . . .

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree 100% with you and I am far from biased, since I've never met John!

    This is such a beautiful express of his love for you. What a wonderful gift to cherish forever.

    May your journey last for years and years, and may it grow sweeter with each new day that comes.

    I love this stuff! It's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete