Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Next Step #3 - No Facebook

Eat 5 fruits & vegetables every day.
Walk at least 10,000 steps every day.

Stay off of Facebook for the next 21 days.  Yep, that's it.  That's the one I need right now.  Those first two are really good goals and I am saving them for future steps.  Especially the one about walking.  I'm waiting until there is far less snow on the ground and way more degrees in the daily temperatures.

One thing I have learned about life is that by managing my stress I am a much happier person.  Happier = healthier, right?  I think so.  Therefore, I'm going to limit the online life for the next 21 days and see where we are at the end of that time.  I'm not limiting all social media so I will still be on Twitter @jencrutch and continue to blog.  Can I convince some of you to join me on Twitter?  That would be cool.

A huge difference with this goal is that I don't know if I'll continue after the 21 days is over.  Really, I don't intend to stay off of Facebook indefinitely, but can certainly see how giving it up for a while will be beneficial in the long run.  This one will not be easy for me but I've already deleted the app from my iPhone so that should help.

As for my first two goals, the water and the protein shake, they are going fantastically.  I'm thrilled that I've been able to maintain both of them until now.  They will be continuing.  Did you know that if you pick up something new every 21 days, you can begin 17 new habits over the course of one year.  That's an awful lot of really good stuff.  I'm so excited to see how many new habits I can pick up over the course of this year and what a difference those habits can make in my life.

What's your next step?  Please tell us all about it.  Feel free to link to your blog in the commment if you write about it.

2 comments:

  1. I was telling a good friend of mine just last night that if I was Catholic, I'd have to give up Facebook for lent. It's a major time-waster for me, especially the games. However, I really enjoy talking to far away friends on chat!! Way to go Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your blog! I love the way you put it altogether. The way you write is so fun to read!

    I have a question though, how do you do the strike out writing at the beginning?? That's really neat.

    I've never tried Twitter and am afraid to, for fear I'd have yet another addiction via the internet!

    ReplyDelete