Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Camp Songs

These are some songs I remember from my days as a Camp Fire girl, especially at Camp Tannadoonah. I'm not about to sing them for you but I do sing these and more for my family. As a matter of fact, the second song was one of Evan's favorites to help him calm down when he was a small baby. I'm not sure if all of the words of the songs are correct, but this is the way I sing them. Did you go to summer camp? Are your kids going this summer?

Worship God, Hmmmm
Seek beauty.
Give service.
And knowledge pursue.
Be trustworthy ever in all that you do.
Hold fast onto health and your work glorify.
And you will be happy in the law of Camp Fire.


Tell me why the stars do shine
Tell me why the ivy twine
Tell me why the sky's so blue
And I will tell you, just why I love you.
Because God made the stars that shine
Because God made the ivy twine
Because God made the sky so blue
Because God made you, that's why I love you.


Green trees around you
Blue skies above
Friends all around you in
A world filled with love
Taps sounding softly
Hearts beating true
As campers sing
Goodnight to you
Days done
Gone the sun
From the lake, from the hills, from the sky
With each dying glowing ember
There are friendships to remember
So we'll sing one last good night
Good night



No comments:

Post a Comment