Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Back to School

Only eight more days till school starts again for our family. How about yours?

I've been counting down since 45 days. How about you?


I have spent only $5.43 on school supplies this year. How much have you spent?

How in the world did I do that? By keeping and using everything that came home last spring. You know those spiral notebooks that were only one quarter used? They're going back to school next week. I ripped out the used pages and smoothed down the edges of the cover a bit. J'man can use another quarter of them this school year.

Also, I haven't bought anything for Evan yet since he is staring middle school this year and we won't know what he is expected to have until he picks up his schedule later this week. It shouldn't be too bad and I'm actually thinking we'll be able to get most if not all of what he needs in mama's secret school supply stash also.

Are you ready for the first day of school? Has anyone figured out that whole carpool thing yet? Let me know if you have because it's next on my list.

1 comment:

  1. I do this very thing!! The Notebooks and the Composition books, I tear the pages out and we put a name tag sticker on the front so it can be re-designated for a different purpose in the next school year. I have gobs of stuff stashed away that I bought in previous years for a little of nothing on sale.

    The big purchases for this year will be backpacks. We got three years out of their last backpacks. But when the bottom goes out, it's time to get a new one. I did do some shoulder strap repairs on them too. So the backpacks I anticipate being our biggest expense at this point.

    School supplies do not have to be expensive with a few frugal techniques.

    I love reading your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete