Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Kid Lit Spotlight - Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree

Just in case you need that really last, last minute gift here's a great Christmas book recommendation from my friend, Emily. Thanks, Em!

This year is the first year my son has really "gotten" Christmas -- and I can start sharing my mountain of children's Christmas books with him!

Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree I am happy to say that the one he likes best so far is Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree. I was introduced to this book by the children's librarian at MPHPL. It is a title with an older copyright that has been updated with a little more color in the illustrations. It is a repetitive story about Mr. Willowby, who has a huge house and a huge Christmas tree to go with it, but it's a little too tall, so the top is chopped off and then the top becomes a tree (which also happens to be a little too tall for its space) for someone else, and someone else, and another animal, etc etc, right down to the mouse family living in Mr. Willowby's house. It has some neat details in the illustrations if you look closely. Upon our many readings, I've also noticed that it's always the Mom who cuts off the top... want to write a paper about that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment