Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Who are "working families?"

I'm tired. I'm tired of wondering when the Democrats will return to Indiana.

I'm tired of trying to figure out what the real issues are, since to really understand it all you have to read the actual proposed legislation and those are confusing at best.

I'm tired of reading articles in the newspapers that don't make sense. I'm tired of reading articles about the Democrats being referred to as "exiled." Please. Look up that word if you don't understand why that's a problem for me. They've not been forced to leave. As a matter of fact, many people will be quite pleased when they return.

Today, I'm mostly tired of not being included in the term "working family."

So, when the Democrats say they are fighting for "working families" does that mean that they are fighting only for working union families? Because our family isn't a member of any union.

Jon goes to work five days a week most weeks. He's been at his current job ten years this month. I own my own business. We work. Don't we count?

Language is important. The way we use our words matters. I'm tired of being ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment