Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Simple Living - part 2

June is all about making my life more simple than it is. Part 1 involved menu planning. Part 2 has to do with how I dress myself.

Inspired in part by Kristy Powell of One Dress Protest, I've decided to choose seven outfits and wear only those for the entire month of June. Kristy has been wearing only one dress and will do so for an entire year by the time she is through. I'm thinking that seven is a good number for me because my goal is only to simplify, not "fast from fashion" as Kristy is doing.

My plan is to let myself choose the outfits over the first several days of the month. So far I've chosen three.

For accountability sake, here are the first three outfits I've chosen:



Jeans, a sleeveless top and a short sleeved hoodie.


Sweatpants and a t-shirt for walking and gardening.


Shorts, my "cruise" top and a sweater.

Obviously I'm not going nearly as far at limiting myself as Kristy has. But here is what I think I'm going to find over the course of this month.
  • Getting dressed is way easier when you have fewer choices.
  • "I have nothing to wear" will be less of an issue with fewer choices.
  • It won't bother me nearly as much when my kids want to wear the same clothes two days in a row.

What do you think? Are you willing to join me? The month of June is all about simple living for me. I honestly believe that as human beings we function better when we have fewer choices. When presented with too many choices many of us find ourselves unable to make a decision at all. 

Please let me know if you decide to play along! I'll post again with the rest of my outfit choices some time next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment