Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

27 Days

So it's been 27 days since I've had any soda to drink. I thought it might be harder than it has been. Honestly, I haven't really missed it.

Until today.

Day 27.

Why today? I have no idea. There've been times when I've craved it because I was eating something I would normally have pop with; popcorn at the movie theater for example. But I bought my bottled water and drank it happily. I had decided in advance I would have water with my popcorn and that felt fine to me then.

Today though was different. I waaaaaanted some pop today. My mouth wanted it. I wanted the taste and I wanted the fizz of the carbonation. It was just weird. Have you ever really stopped and payed attention to all the different ways your body "wants" something? It can be interesting if you really pay attention.

If you're still wondering, the answer is no, I still haven't drank any pop. And I don't intend to.

And I'm happy and thankful to be able to say, that I mostly don't miss it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment