Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Green (Smoothie) Living


Breakfast of champions

I've been inspired to claw my way back up onto the band wagon of healthy eating again. Yes, again. I know, I know. It gets old some times, doesn't it? It's true that I haven't had any soda in over a month, so that's fantastic but really just the tip of the iceberg for eating habits around these parts.

Well you can only start from where you're at so here I am. I was inspired this week by my friend Michelle who posted her recipe for a green smoothie. I decided to make my own version which included:

That's it. I like to use the frozen berries so that I don't have to use a bunch of ice when I make smoothies. 

The verdict? It's not my favorite smoothie ever but it was by far not the worst, either. If you decide to make this, just remember to drink it all right now. Don't let it sit around for a while. You want that spinach to be really well mixed in. Settling does not help the yumminess factor of the spinach.

How about you? What are you doing to be healthy these day? Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe I could try? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment