Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back to (back to) School


Sarah gets to go back to school this fall. She's been in school before but we took her out for a while because in order for me to run my business it was more convenient to have her in day care full time than in pre-school for half days. 

Spanish Immersion

This fall she gets to go back to school. She's going to be in the Spanish Immersion program at Covenant Christian School. We're really excited about it and she keeps telling us that she's going to learn Spanish "all day long!"

We stopped by the school building today so she could have a look around since she'd never been there before. I took loads of pictures of her in the classroom but could only get her to be still one time for the photo above. I'm pretty sure she tried out every toy and book in the room. It made me feel good that she was so willing to try everything out but I'm sure she'll still be apprehensive when I leave her on the first day of school.

So, what are your best tips for happy pre-schoolers at drop off? Is your kid a crier or one who kisses you and runs off, not looking back? For the criers, do you drop them off and run out the door or do you hang around for a while? I'm typically a "drop & runner" but if you have any better ideas I'd love to hear them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment