Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Crochet Along 2011


So. Are you on Ravelry (I'm "jencrutch" if you want to look me up)? I joined a while back but never really "got" it until I found some Twitter friends to follow on Ravelry. Got that? Really, it does make sense.

I've joined a Crochet Along/Blog Along Challenge so this is my initial post related to the challenge (which began July 1, 2011). The point is to choose a group of patterns or in my case a book to work through over the course of the year. My book for the challenge is 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton.

For colors I've chosen blue/white/yellow/brown. Any variation thereof is fair game in the Lily Brand Sugar & Cream cotton yarns. The plan is to be able to join them into a pleasing design to create a ginormous blanket when I'm done.

Honestly, it's good news that I found this challenge because I just wasn't sure if I'd make it through the entire book. So far I've finished 19 of the blocks and it's really kind of cool how I'm already getting better at making corners that look like corners.

Please let me know if you decide to join the challenge or even just to join Ravelry. I'd love to see your projects and connect with you there! 


No comments:

Post a Comment