Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vacation part two

Vacation Part One

We spent the first half of our vacation at a friends cottage on Lake Michigan earlier this week. That place? Is one of our favorite places on the face of the earth. We had a great time there and so love spending time with those particular friends.

I would love to show you pictures but I'm currently away from home (more on that below) without a USB cable to get the vaca photos from the camera to the computer. Oh well. Mama can't always remember to pack everything for five people now can she?

Vacation Part Two

Today we arrived at Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, Ohio. Several months ago I decided to come to the Bloggy Conference. And of course, since the conference was being held at such a fun place, I just had to bring the family along. Tonight? We closed down the water park at 10pm. Good times.

Of course, it took us 6.5 hours to make the five hour drive from Mishawaka to Mason, Ohio (outside Cincinnati). We stopped to eat once and another time to hit the grocery store for snacks and some fruit and drinks for our room. 

Oh yeah, I'm here for a conference. Yes, I know, I'm supposed to be working here. And I am. I went to the opening reception and connected with some folks I'm looking forward to spending more time with over the next couple of days.

Michelle and I are practically neighbors. Amy and I have met before and I love reconnecting with her. She's one of those smarty pants types that you can't help but get smarter when you hang out with them.

I'm looking forward to talking with the folks from Honda tomorrow (thanks so much for sponsoring the conference, by the way). Jon says he's hoping to drive an Insight back and forth to work for a while. Hopefully we can find a way to work that out. How awesome would that be?

And of course I got to say hello and hug the Queens of the Conference, Tiffany and Sherry. These ladies have been working hard for months to make this all happen. Thanks so much ladies! It's going to be great!


No comments:

Post a Comment