Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Caps For Sale


Monday has become picture book day here on the blog. The first one I want to share with you is "Caps for Sale" by Esphyr Slobodkina. This is a silly story about a hat peddler. He falls asleep with all of his hats stacked on his head and when he wakes up he's in for a big surprise. His hats are all missing!


Some mischievous monkeys took his hats while he was asleep. How do you think he'll get them back? Preschoolers especially love the antics of the peddler and the monkeys in this fun book.


Sarah and Jon had fun reading this one together today while I attempted to capture video for you. The video I got isn't bad but I didn't realize how much background noise was happening at the time. We'll have to do better at eliminating background noise next time. For now, I can share the still photo of Daddy and Miss Pretty Pretty enjoying "Caps for Sale."